UST is a mission-driven school with a strong commitment to child-centric education and a passionate belief in the importance of education as a force to achieve progress, peace and a sustainable future. UST aims to:
- Provide a challenging, holistic, values-based education with an emphasis on academic achievement, cooperation and leadership, service to others and environmental preservation.
- Instill life-long passion for learning
- Raise creative thinkers and independent learners
- Raise conscientious, responsible and caring world citizens
- To serve the Tokyo community by providing educational choices and making international education affordable to many families.
- To create a happy and nurturing school that encourages children to thrive and succeed at school and become caring and responsible members of their community and conscientious and open-minded world citizens.
- To provide children with the resources and opportunities to learn and develop to the best of their ability; to recognize and respect each student’s individuality and help students develop their unique abilities and talents in order to achieve their highest potential.
- To build a strong foundation in Japanese language and culture and provide a comprehensive range of extra-curricular activities to assist with the learning, development and fulfillment of students.
- To teach our students the importance of making a difference and that every little deed counts, no matter how small it may seem. Whether they are helping a neighbor or a friend, cleaning their classroom or a park, recycling paper or saving electricity, donating books to their classroom or raising money to support fellow students in Cambodia - all of these are equally important acts of kindness, responsibility and benevolence that we want our students to partake in.
- The investment we are making is in our children and their future. With that in mind, we commit ourselves to not be driven by profit but make every decision for the benefit of our students and the betterment of the school.
- To invest in our teachers, as we believe that teachers are the ones who make the biggest difference at the school. Happy teachers mean happy children and happy parents. Having teachers who feel valued and appreciated not only by the parents but by the School leads to increased level of dedication, initiative, commitment and loyalty. We commit to creating a happy and collaborative work environment where teachers feel respected and appreciated.
- We believe that world change starts with educated children. It is unacceptable that in 21st century there are still millions of children around the world who do not have access to elementary education. We commit to giving the gift of education to children in desperate need of our support by collaborating with educational charities that build schools and libraries in developing countries.
- our students to perform to the best of their ability.
- our teachers to be actively involved in building the school by showing passion, initiative, devotion and zeal for professional growth.
- our parents to support children on their path of learning and to support the school and its mission in any way they can.