United School of Tokyo is looking for highly motivated and dedicated teachers who share our values, and would like to be a part of a developing school.
At UST our mission is to raise passionate learners, creative thinkers, conscientious, responsible and caring individuals. We look for teachers who aspire to serve as role-models to our students and school community as a whole; teachers who inspire and encourage the students to strive for growth by challenging themselves in a variety of areas, including academics, creativity, experiential learning, extra-curricular activities and community service.
We seek teachers who are
- enthusiastic and dedicated people who view teaching as more than just a job
- responsible and professional
- effective team-players
- respectful and caring
- compassionate and considerate
- flexible and creative
- constructive problem solvers
- always ready to go an extra mile for their students and the school
- self-critical with a good sense of humor
- full of desire and aptitude for personal and professional growth
- socially active
UST prefers that all applicants for full-time teaching and leadership positions have an active profile with Schrole.
All candidates applying for a teaching position at UST must have:
- Education degree/Teaching license
- Minimum three years of teaching experience
To apply for teaching positions please provide the following:
1. A recently updated CV, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2. A cover letter that outlines experience related to the position, clearly demonstrates your ability to fulfill the above requirements, and explains reasons for choosing UST.
3. All applicants are required to have two professional reference letters from most recent supervisors.
4. A recent photograph.
Vacancies for the academic year 2023-2024:
1. K-8 Curriculum Coordinator
2. Music Teacher
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.